Rowing at BIAC
Most classes and ongoing practice sessions indicate prerequisite skill levels in their descriptions. While ongoing sessions require club membership, many introductory rowing classes and clinics are open to the public. Take a look at all our rowing opportunities below.
If you have no rowing experience:
If you have rowing experience:
Getting started at BIAC:
- DeRust Class: If you have some experience sculling but it's been a while and you'd like to get back in a small boat, contact Operations Director Chris Flynn and ask about taking a DeRust lesson.
- Singles Certification: If you have recent or extensive sculling experience and you want to row a 1x on your own, contact our Operations Director to get certification to row club 1x's.
- Guest Row: If you have rowing experience check out our guest policy. If you'd like a guest row on a masters team, contact the appropriate team lead to arrange and guest row. If you'd like to row outside of a team environment, you must be accompanied by a member.
- Take a lesson or join a masters team. See your options in the ongoing rowing opportunities listed below.
Ongoing Rowing Opportunities:
- eRows Classes: If you have sculling experience and would like to drop-in to a casual coached environment, check out Everybody Rows (eRows).
- Masters Teams: If you know how to sweep and/or scull and want to join a team environment, try one of our masters teams. Team are structured on experience level and competitive goals.
- Row on your own or with other members: All members have the option to row their own boat (be sure to pay a rack fee for personal watercraft storage) or they can pay equipment fees for access to the BIAC fleet. See this information on certification (requires member sign-in) to ensure you have the experience needed to take out club singles and/or to bow a 2x or 4x.
- Adaptive Rowing: If you are an adaptive or para athlete, we have a growing adaptive program and would love to have you check out a private lesson, one-the-water class or join land-based training. Learn more about the Adaptive Program.
- Coastal Rowing: If you have 1+ year of sculling experience, consider trying a coastal class or enjoying rougher water in our coastal rowing fleet. Learn more about coastal rowing and the coastal opportunities we have available.
Become a Member