Volunteering at BIAC
Taking an active role in the operation and maintenance of the club is a great way to get to know your fellow members. Work parties are scheduled throughout the year and other volunteer jobs abound. BIAC members find they get to know one another better while helping keep the club in shape!
BIAC requires annual adult members (Out of State, College Break, and Quarterly memberships are exempt) to contribute 12 hours of volunteer effort per membership year (May - April), or pay an up front "buy out" fee of $250. If you fail to complete AND RECORD your 12 hours, you will be billed at the rate of $30 per hour, up to a maximum of $360. Hours RECORDED will be tallied on March 31, and invoices generated for unfulfilled hours prior to membership renewal. The 12 hours is prorated to the number of months of membership the first year of membership.
Please log your volunteer hours today! Although the membership year runs from May 1 through April 30, the volunteering year runs from April 1 through March 31, to give us time for year-end processing.
In addition to regularly scheduled volunteer work days at BIAC, there are also specific projects needing volunteer help. Our Boathouse Operations Director, Chris Flynn (email@example.com), coordinates volunteers and projects. Please contact him if you would like to volunteer. Got a special skill or have suggestions for volunteer projects? Please contact Chris or our board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Unless otherwise noted, email or contact Operations Director Chris Flynn to inquire about or volunteer for a task below. → email@example.com
Log your hours at this link → https://gobair.org/page-1833047
Upcoming opportunitiesAll Club Cleanup Work Party for August 19th at 8:30am. – Please join fellow club members on Sat., August 19th from 8:30am to noon for a much needed work day addressing all corners of BIAC. This will be our second big volunteer event of the year and we are counting on a large number of members to help us dispose of accumulated junk. We will have a large trash bin on site for this workday. This is a great way to knock out some of your hours and help us tidy up BIAC. Remember, all full-time BIAC members must complete 12 volunteer hours per year. SIGN UP HERE
- The Adaptive Erg Class needs help with moving ergs on Saturdays, 10:45am-12:30pm. Contact Kerry or sign up here.
- We are recruiting Rabbits to lead our visually impaired athletes for our Everybody Rows classes on Wednesdays and Fridays mid-morning. If you’re interested in rabbiting, contact Coach Chuck.
Ongoing Volunteer Roles
- Newsletter editor, writer or assistant – contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping on a monthly newsletter. Marketing or email writing experience a bonus.
- Trailer driver – drive the BIAC trailer to local or distance regattas and be part of the racing action. Training will be provided.
- Launch maintenance – get all your volunteer hours accomplished with an ongoing monthly role of performing maintenance tasks on the BIAC coaching launches. Training will be provided and this task can be split amongst several people to ensure all launches are maintained.
- Fundraising help – work with the board to help organize, communicate and execute various fundraising efforts at BIAC. Contact board member Tracy Wilk to get involved.
- Rabbit coordinator for ERows – Dorith is looking to step back and train someone new. This person would be responsible for matching rabbits with rowers. We’re boating 1-2 rabbited athletes twice per week. Anyone interested, can contact Dorith or Chuck.